Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day in Sedona

Well, this was a first -- instead of staying home for Mother's Day, my husband took me to Sedona for a 3-day weekend, just the two of us! I think it's the first Mother's Day ever that I got to totally relax and have NO responsibilities. Aaaaaaaaah..............
We stayed in Winslow Friday night and went to dinner at the Turquoise Room, a great restaurant in the most beautiful hotel, La Posada. What a find!



Off to Sedona the next morning! Actually, we drove right through Sedona to Jerome, a VERY COOL old mining town on the side of a hill, and spent the day there. Good shopping, eating, wine tasting, old mining sites, and a good ol' motorcycle rally too (my husband loved it there!).



The next day and a half were spent in Sedona siteseeing, shopping, relaxing and hiking. I think the hikes were my favorite. So pretty and lots of great people out there with us!



A truck from a favorite gallery there called Lark.







A couple we met had the coolest hiking shoes! They swore by them.


Sedona had some great bead shops too. Here are a few of my latest finds!




Can you even stand how CUTE they are???!!!

TTFN!

No comments: